What is a Virtual Assistant?
A simple definition is that a virtual assistant (VA) is a person who provides support services to other businesses from a remote location.
Now, I know firsthand how tough it can be to try and run a business and still be a parent! Besides, it is especially difficult to manage all the administrative tasks needed to run a business when what you really want to do is spend time creating! Right?
The great news is that help is available right here!
Why would I hire a Virtual Assistant?
Anything you do in your business that isn’t specific to your knowledge (such as designing or creating) can probably be hired out. Because, that frees up the limited time you have to focus on what only you can do! In other words, you are delegating!
The advantage to hiring a virtual assistant is that you get to specify what tasks your virtual assistant does without having to take on the responsibility of a full-time or part-time employee which adds on other administrative tasks like payroll and benefits processing.
Whether you need me for a one-time task or you are looking for someone on a regular basis, I would love to work to help improve your business!
Why should I hire you?
I have been a knit and crochet designer for several years and am familiar with formatting patterns, tech editing, industry standards, making graphics, managing social media, organizing pattern testing, and uploading patterns to sites.
In addition, I am a computer geek. That’s the simplest way to describe the industry I was in for 30+ years*. No, I won’t fix your PC, but I have years of experience in managing websites and other technical (software) tasks, data entry, flow charting, and I attest to being a spreadsheet fanatic. My husband will also tell you that I love lists – and lists of lists, because I can’t stand not being organized! That is an obsession that is super-helpful in project management!
(*If you want the full description, my former job title was Senior Systems Analyst and Project Manager for a Distribution company. Whew!)
I constantly look for ways to streamline and automate your repetitive business processes so you (and I) can spend less on the little things that take up the majority of our time and money!
As a hard-working, self-motivating individual, I will respect your business practices and family time (as I expect you to respect mine). I am an excellent listener, good at written communication and documentation, and adept at resolving issues.
What specifically can you help me with?
This is just a sampling of some of the services I offer that could help your business:
- Course implementation, especially in Thinkific. Helping pull all the tech pieces together to launch your course, uploading videos, updating text, etc.
- Integration and automation. Several of my clients use ThriveCart for product payments and signups. Since there isn’t a direct connection from ThriveCart to Thinkific (yet), I can get your customers automatically signed up for the correct course in Thinkific once they purchase!
- Website management. I have experience with WordPress.org (self-hosted) with Woocommerce. I know what HTML, CSS, FTP all mean – so you don’t have to!
- Photo editing, include Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Canva.
- Video editing with Camtasia and transcript creation.
- Email and contact management, with specialties in Active Campaign, Mailerlite, Mailchimp, and ConvertKit. This includes creating email automations, subscriber forms, and welcome sequences.
- Inbox management: sorting through your emails, filtering, auto-responses, responding to FAQs, and support questions.
- Project and Task management: organizing and streamlining. I have extensive knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Todoist, ClickUp, Trello, notion, Zapier, and IFTTT. (Note: at this time, I cannot support Asana).
- Spreadsheet entry, formatting, and reporting (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets).
Plus MUCH MORE!
If you can think of something you don’t see here, please contact me so we can discuss your unique needs!
The PDF below can be downloaded to view some specific examples of work I have completed for other clients.
What are your rates?
Please note that these rates may change at any time.
Ongoing or hourly projects will have actual time tracked and reported. Payment must be made before work begins, based either on an estimate or blocks of hours. I charge for actual time worked on your project, using an hourly rate at $40 per hour with a 30-minute minimum charge ($20 USD). Rush jobs (less than 24 hour notice) are billed at $50 USD per hour with an hour (60 min) minimum charge.
Let me know if you would like to purchase blocks of hours. If you would prefer to work with a packaged rate, contact me below and we can discuss the options.
I accept payments through Stripe and Paypal.
Website conversion vary in complexity and timing, and may include the website hosting or website maintenance. Contact me for a quote, and we can discuss how many pages and posts are needed for conversion and what other setup requirements are needed.
I recommend SiteGround. It’s where all of my websites are hosted – and they have phenomenal support!
I will gladly give you a free quote before any work is done!
Some examples of the packages I can create for you:
- WordPress support: maintaining backups, updating WordPress and plugins when needed
- Post updates: uploading images and formatting text for blog posts and social media posts (content written by client)
- Scheduling: assisting with content schedule
- Inbox check: responding to frequently asked questions (FAQs), support requests
- Inbox maintenance: clear clutter, organize in folders/tags and prioritize emails
- Facebook Group maintenance: approval of Group requests, curation of contact answers (Premium only)
How do I contact you?
If you are ready to talk about your business needs, schedule a FREE CONSULTATION!
Otherwise, please fill out the form below to ask any questions you might have, or to connect with me initially!